Saturday, January 24, 2009

Valentine's Sale

I know that there are a lot of fears about the economy in 2009 and that people are looking for discounts or finding reasons not to spend, so I'm trying to do my part! To try to generate more sales during a traditionally slow time of year, I'm offering a $20 discount on all of my services. Customers who place an order and ask for the Valentine's Discount will receive $20 off the total of their order, including not only artwork but also any live caricature performances booked.

I've put ads on my website, but none of the orders I've received have mentioned the discount, so I'm trying to find a way to better publicize the savings opportunities. My suspicion is that most people go to my site and find the quality of the artwork to be to their liking and just click "order now" without looking at the price list or the advertisement for the discount located in the sidebar. Perhaps the sidebar is not the best place for the ad?

I will be sending out announcements to past clients via email to publicize this new blog and the Valentine's Sale, and hopefully that will generate some interest and orders. Any other suggestions on getting "walk-up traffic" to my site to take advantage of my sales would be appreciated!

--Steve

1 comment: