Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Digital art without the color

This week I had two last minute commissions for digital artwork. One was for an invite cover and the other was for t-shirts. This first one was for an accountant who was having a retirement party.

This one came in at a time when I was doing my taxes, so I was in the right mental state for it... I had originally put a calendar with April 14th on it, a bottle of "Pepto" next to him and beads of sweat coming off of his head, but the client made me take those out. So much for trying to be funny... but I guess they wanted him to look like a "cool accountant". haha




This was for the t-shirt. I really didn't get the dancing card and dice thing, but that's what the client wanted, so that's what I did. I'll try to make anything work for a client!




Bonus art! I did this one of a certain R/B artist. It's a monochrome-- I scanned a pencil drawing and then converted the gray lines to a brown color digitally, and put in a background shape to give it depth, but also to accent the shape of her face which I see as being long and pointy.





all artwork ©2009 by Steve Campbell. Reproduction without permission is prohibited... and THEFT!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment